Gluten Free, Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie with OWL Energy Bar Crust
Healthy Pumpkin Pie with a gluten free OWL Bar graham cracker crust. Beautiful, velvety texture and full of pumpkin pie spices and topped with OWL Bar crumble.
Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 1 hr Total Time: 1 hr 15 min Serves:9
· 4 Original OWL Energy Bars
· 7 Gluten Free Graham Crackers
· 6 tablespoons melted coconut oil
· ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
· 1 (15 oz) can organic pumpkin puree
· 2 eggs
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
· 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or organic brown sugar)
· 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
· 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
· 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
· 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
· 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Chop Original OWL Bars into smaller pieces. Place OWL Bar pieces into bowl of food processor and pulse in until it resembles fine crumbs. Set half of the mixture aside in a bowl and reserve for garnish. Place graham crackers in bowl of food processor and pulse until graham crackers resemble fine crumbs. Add cinnamon and coconut oil. Process again for another minute until graham/OWL Bar crumbs resemble wet sand. Press mixture evenly into 9” pie pan. Bake for 7 minutes, then remove from oven and set aside to cool. Keep heat in oven.
3. Add pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, coconut sugar and spices to a large bowl and whisk to combine. Slowly add in almond milk and mix in until smooth and creamy. Pour into prepared pie crust. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean and center of pie no longer jiggles. Check pie after 20 minutes to make sure crust isn't burning. If it is, simply cover pie edges with foil or a pie shield. After removing pie from oven, top with reserved OWL Bar crumbles. Allow pie to cool for at least an hour before serving.
Keep pie in fridge. Serves 9.
Nutrition Information Serving size: 1 slice Calories: 179 Fat: 6.9g Carbohydrates: 26.9g Sugar: 17.9g Fiber: 2.3g Protein: 2.2g